COVID-19 STANDARD ROYALTY FREE LICENSING AGREEMENT
State of Indiana, USA
This Licensing Agreement (the “Agreement”) is made effective on the date of purchase by and between the following Licensor of the following address:
KLIBANOS℠ | MEDIA SERVICES
4444 Lower Schooner Rd
Nashville, IN 47448, USA
and the following Licensee:
In the Agreement, the Party who is granting the right to use the licensed property will be referred to as “KLIBANOS℠ | MEDIA SERVICES,” and the Party who is receiving the right to use the licensed property will be referred to as “BUYER.” The individuals may be known collectively as the “Parties.” All references to the Licensee and Licensor in this Agreement shall include, if relevant, the Parties’ parent companies, affiliates, and subsidiaries.
The Parties agree to the following:
I. GRANT OF LICENSE
1. KLIBANOS℠ | MEDIA SERVICES owns the following property (the “Authored Work”):
COVID-19 Rendered environments (photos) purchased on this website – individually, under this standard license agreement.
2. In accordance with this Agreement, KLIBANOS℠ | MEDIA SERVICES grants BUYER a non-exclusive license to use the Authored Work.
3. This License provides the limited right to reproduce, publicly display and distribute the Authored Work only for the agreed upon terms set forth in this Agreement and signed by both Parties. The Authored Work used for any purpose not directly related to these terms must be with the express written permission of the Licensor and may include the payment of additional fees unless otherwise agreed to in writing.
4. Licensee may use the Authored Work only in the following manner unless both Parties agree to otherwise in writing:
Worldwide commercial or personal digital and print use, with modification, and without attribution. BUYER may not resell, package, or redistribute the original “Authored Work” alone or in any collection, but may use its sincere derivatives in commercial, personal, or editorial releases.
5. KLIBANOS℠ | MEDIA SERVICES retains title and ownership of the Authored Work and derivative works will be assigned to Licensor by Licensee.
6. This grant of license only applies to following described geographical area:
II. ROYALTY PAYMENTS
7. Licensee shall pay to Licensor a royalty which shall be a one-time flat payment determined on the KLIBANOS webiste at time of checkout, paid up front at the time the Licensor grants the license to the Authored work to the Licensee.
8. The Licensee may freely make modifications to the Authored Work without any prior approval from the Licensor.
9. If the Licensee fails to abide by the obligations of this Agreement, including the obligation to make any royalty payments when due, the Licensor shall have the option to cancel this Agreement by providing 30 days’ written notice to the Licensee.
10. The Licensee shall have the option of preventing the termination of this Agreement by taking corrective action that cures the default, if such corrective action is taken prior to the end of the time period stated above and if there are no other defaults during such time period.
V. CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION
11. The term “Confidential Information” refers to any information or materials that are proprietary to the Licensor, whether or not owned or developed by the Licensor, and which the Licensee may obtain through any direct or indirect contact with the Licensor or the Authored Works.
12. Regardless of whether specifically identified as confidential or proprietary, Confidential Information” shall include any information provided by the Licensor concerning the business, technology, and information of the Licensor and any third party with which the Licensor deals, including, without limitation, business records and plans, trade secrets, technical data, product ideas, contracts, financial information, pricing structure, discounts, computer programs and listings, source code, object code, copyrights and intellectual property, inventions, sales leads, strategic alliances, partners, and client lists. The nature of the information and the manner of the disclosure are such that a reasonable person would understand it to be confidential.
13. Confidential Information does not include the following:
a. Matters of public knowledge that result from disclosure by KLIBANOS℠ | MEDIA SERVICES
b. Information rightfully received by BUYER from a third party without a duty of confidentiality
c. Information independently developed by BUYER
d. Information disclosed by operation of law
e. Information disclosed by BUYER with prior written consent from KLIBANOS℠ | MEDIA SERVICES
f. Any other information that both Parties agree in writing is not confidential
VI. PROTECTION OF CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION
14. BUYER understands and acknowledges that the Confidential Information has been developed or obtained by KLIBANOS℠ | MEDIA SERVICES by the investment of significant time, effort, and expense, and that the Confidential Information is a valuable, special, and unique asset of KLIBANOS℠ | MEDIA SERVICES which provides KLIBANOS℠ | MEDIA SERVICES with a significant competitive advantage, and needs to be protected from improper disclosure.
15. In consideration for the receipt by BUYER of any Confidential Information, BUYER agrees as follows:
a. No Disclosure: BUYER will hold the Confidential Information in confidence and will not disclose the Confidential Information to any person or entity without the prior written consent of KLIBANOS℠ | MEDIA SERVICES.
b. No Copying or Modifying: BUYER will not copy or modify any Confidential Information without the prior written consent of KLIBANOS℠ | MEDIA SERVICES.
c. Unauthorized Use: BUYER shall promptly advise KLIBANOS℠ | MEDIA SERVICES if BUYER becomes aware of any possible unauthorized disclosure or use of the Confidential Information.
d. Application to Employees: BUYER shall not disclose any Confidential Information to any employees of BUYER, except those employees who are required to have the Confidential Information in order to perform their job duties in connection with the limited purposes of this Agreement. Each permitted employee to whom Confidential Information is disclosed shall sign a non-disclosure agreement substantially the same as this Agreement at the request of KLIBANOS℠ | MEDIA SERVICES.
VII. NON-EXCLUSIVE LICENSE TO LICENSOR
16. As of the effective date, BUYER grants back to KLIBANOS℠ | MEDIA SERVICES a non-exclusive royalty free license to use the Authored Work as KLIBANOS℠ | MEDIA SERVICES sees fit, for the creation of derivative works.
17. This license back is only granted if and when the license shall not limit BUYER’s rights and public rights under this License.
18. Neither Party makes any warranties with respect to the use, sale, or other transfer of the Authored Work by the other Party or by any third-party, and BUYER accepts the product “AS IS.”
19. In no event will KLIBANOS℠ | MEDIA SERVICES be responsible for direct, indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages that are in any way related to BUYER’s use of the Authored Work.
IX. TRANSFER OF RIGHTS
20. This Agreement shall be binding on any successors of the Parties.
21. Neither Party shall have the right to assign its interests in this Agreement to any other Party, unless the prior written consent of the other Party is obtained.
22. This Agreement may be terminated by either Party by providing 30 days’ written notice to the other Party.
XI. ENTIRE AGREEMENT
23. This Agreement contains the entire Agreement between the parties regarding the subject matter of this Agreement, and there are no other promises or conditions in any other Agreement, whether oral or written.
24. The parties have attempted to limit the non-compete provision so that it applies only to the extent necessary to protect legitimate business and property interests.
25. If any provisions of this Agreement shall be held to be valid or unenforceable for any reason, the remaining provisions shall continue to be valid and enforceable.
26. If a court finds that any provision of this Agreement is invalid or unenforceable, but that by limiting such provision it would become valid and enforceable, then such provision shall be deemed to be written, construed, and enforced as so limited.
27. This Agreement may be modified or amended if and only if the amendment is made in writing and signed by both Parties.
XIV. WAIVER OF CONTRACTUAL RIGHTS
28. The failure of either Party to enforce any provision of this Agreement shall not be construed as a waiver or limitation of that Party’s right to subsequently enforce and compel strict compliance with every provision of this Agreement.
XV. APPLICABLE LAW
29. This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of Indiana.